new to scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mhobbs_17

Registered
Reaction score
hey every body...im new to scuba diving, last week was the first time....i have done 5 dives sofar here in the carabean.ive really enjoyed it...theres just one thing that bothers me...its been one week sence my last dive and it feels like when i swollow or yawn, my ears pop or make cracking sounds...i thought it would go away but it hasnt yet....is this normal or has it happend to anyone else....does anyone have any sugestions?????

Hi mhobbs_17 and welcome to ScubaBoard, A good place to ask this question would be Ask Dr. Decompression Did you have much problems equalizing?
David

Welcome to the board!
Yes it has happened to me....mine went away.

Joe

dlndavid:
Hi mhobbs_17 and welcome to ScubaBoard, A good place to ask this question would be Ask Dr. Decompression Did you have much problems equalizing?
David
i didnt have problems equalizing at all....im thinking it could be just fluids in my ear,
and i also have a head ache which could be related to sinus ..i dunno

mhobbs_17:
hey every body...im new to scuba diving, last week was the first time....i have done 5 dives sofar here in the carabean.ive really enjoyed it...theres just one thing that bothers me...its been one week sence my last dive and it feels like when i swollow or yawn, my ears pop or make cracking sounds...i thought it would go away but it hasnt yet....is this normal or has it happend to anyone else....does anyone have any sugestions?????

Give it a bit more time, assuming your ears don't still feel clogged, and they don't hurt (if it's hurting, you might be best to see a doctor if you can), it should probably go away. If they're making *squeaking* sounds still, though, you may have a small hole in your eardrum, and would want to have that looked at before you go diving again.

With my ears, the crackling sounds while swallowing and yawning have been standard operating procedure for years, I can't even remember when that started. They just make more noise than what might be normal.

asaara:
Give it a bit more time, assuming your ears don't still feel clogged, and they don't hurt (if it's hurting, you might be best to see a doctor if you can), it should probably go away. If they're making *squeaking* sounds still, though, you may have a small hole in your eardrum, and would want to have that looked at before you go diving again.

With my ears, the crackling sounds while swallowing and yawning have been standard operating procedure for years, I can't even remember when that started. They just make more noise than what might be normal.

i dont have any pain in my ears so its probally nothing big.....its just anoying that hearing that popping noise...but thanks for your reply..i apreciate it

You'll find this ear thing mentioned here and there on the forums, but it looks like you got a pretty good answer already.

You'll get more local buddies if you'll complete your profile...

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom