Hello from Lake Orion, MI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bestkidspa

Reaction score
Hello all-
I'm new to the board and posting a hello. I live in Lake Orion, MI (a suburb north of Detroit) and don't dive locally but looking to change that. I've been certified for 30 years, but am an on-again-off-again diver without as much experience as the time suggests. I am considering getting involved with a local club as a way to find buddies. If anyone has information on friendly groups or scoop on local shops, I'd love to know. Most recent dives were in California and Hawaii, and I'm looking to take a drysuit course because I'll be in Alaska sometime in the next year.

Bestkidspa

Welcome to the friendliest board around! Check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section of the boardhttp://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=188. Lots of really friendly divers there and there is usually someone diving most weekends.

I'm setting up a "just for fun" underwater pumpkin carving on Oct. 29 at Gilboa Quarry in Ohio if you would like to join us. You'll find the information in the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (GLWC) section or send me a PM before Friday at 2:30pm. Water is still in the 60's so a 5mm or 7mm suit will be comfortable. Come on out and join us!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber-
Thanks for the invite. Really wish I could join you. I suspect the water will be too cold soon, so a last couple dips would be nice. Unfortuately, cub scouts has me busy this weekend, so diving must wait.

bestkidspa

You won't find a friendlier group! Welcome to SB bestkidspa! This is a great way to meet divers in your area. Check out the link Ber Rabbit gave you. Your new dive buddies are waiting! :)

Welcome to the board!

Joe

You'll make local contacts better when you complete your profile...

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome

bestkidspa:
Ber-
Thanks for the invite. Really wish I could join you. I suspect the water will be too cold soon, so a last couple dips would be nice. Unfortuately, cub scouts has me busy this weekend, so diving must wait.

bestkidspa

We'll meet sometime I'm sure. Have fun with the Cubs, you could always bring them along and sneak a dive in while they carve pumpkins on shore :wink:
Ber

Back
Top Bottom