Hello, from a fairly new diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy, folks! I live in Tennessee, and got certified through MDEA, last spring. I've made fourteen dives, and my most recent dive trip was to Cozumel, where we got three days of diving before riding out Hurricane Wilma in the hotel Casa del Mar. What a ride!!

Anyway, just saying hello for now. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

-Frank

Greetings Frank,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Welcome to the board! You have to come up to Ohio sometime and dive Gilboa Quarry, it's a great place to practice your skills and meet fellow board members :) The Kentucky Piranha Patrol here on the board is the closest regional group for you, great group of people!
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks, Ber. Actually, I'm a member of Celebration Scuba, and there are a bunch of quarries around southern middle TN and northern Alabama. Plus, it's only an 8-hour drive to Panama City Beach. There's another group here too, called Off The Map Scuba, but I haven't had the chance to dive with them yet. (Hopefully soon!) I want to diving so bad, I can hardly stand it. LOL:azvatar:

Fish_Whisperer:
Plus, it's only an 8-hour drive to Panama City Beach.
I'm making "moose antlers" with my hands while sticking my tongue out at you--how about a nice raspberry LOL!

8 hours, must be NICE!:pity_part
Ber :lilbunny:

LOL! It's very tiring, but well worth it. Also, there are lots of freshwater springs in the area. Matter of fact, Vortex Springs in Ponce de Leon is where I did my certification dives, and then did the rest of the open water stuff in the ocean, of course. I'd love to go back to Cozumel, but could do with a little more diving, and a little less of a 60-hour long hurricane.

Welcome to the board, its nice to see new divers popping up all the time. We have a small dive group called the lake lanier loonie birds here in north georgia. We try to make trips to the quaries in alabama from time to time, and we want to try some of the dive spots in TN sometime soon. You should try and meet up with us sometime, or maybe plan a trip up your way. You can check out our post in the deep dixie diver section under lake lanier loonie birds. Hope to dive with you soon.

Kyle

Hello frank, welcome to the board, and happy thanks giving sorry about your expereince with Wilma, i feel your pain i was in Cancun visting my family, but well is mother nature and is nothing we can do, in my case i'm going back to that area in the spring.

Happy Thanks Giving for you too.

Back
Top Bottom