Hello and thanks from Toronto (Canada)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cindylou

New
Reaction score
Hi all

I came across the boards while looking for feedback on new BCs. My partner and I are in the market after many years diving with our 'old' ones. I'm finding a lot of good information and insight in here. So thanks! I look forward to learning more from y'all and sharing our experiences as well.

Happy diving, Cindy

Hi Cindylou, and welcome to ScubaBoard, hope you find what you are looking for.
The board can very very helpful and at times overwhelming.
David

Hi cindy, as El Orans said go to the BC's forum, but since i'm here i can give you some feed back from my own, i just got a Sea Quest, Balance with A2 sys, i'm very happy with it i have done about 16 dives with it and is been pretty good, but some of the people i dove use a back plate and a wing, that seems to be the way to go right now, but as everything it will depend on your own preference, i never used i wing before and since my BC is new i may not try one in the next 10 years.

Good luck!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Thanks guys. I will have a look. So far, we're leaning to the Zeagle Stiletto. It seems to work for the both of us based on our initial findings. We've tried it (in the shop) and it felt quite right. We're both moving from 13 and 16 year old jacket styles (ProSub and Jacques Cousteau). The Stiletto seems to be a good fit for guys and girls from what I'm reading. We don't do much Canadian diving anymore so most of our diving involves trips. And he's just had shoulder surgery this year so the fit on the Stiletto is very comfortable. A question I have for Scott if he pops in is the 35lb of lift being enough. We both normally dive with 8 - 10 lbs. when we're in the warmer locations.

So any other thoughts anyone cares to offer are more than welcome.

I suppose I should soon go to another thread here ...

Thanks everyone, Cindy

I love my Oceanic Probe, but it may be a big much for a lady...?

Glad you've joined us...

:cowboy: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

A warm welcome from a presently cold Montreal. I use to live in Mississauga and Mississauga Diving/Aqua Systems (they are affiliated) gave me great service and prices on my gear.

Back
Top Bottom