Glad to be back ... after a 2-year hiatus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBuoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Scuba Folks (and Regulators),

My sincerest apologies for my very long absence ... but my extreme family hardships and drought are now over now ... and I'm finally very active again in diving. Even decided this time around to hooked up with a local club and drove around to reintroduce myself to new faces at all the dive shops ... seems a lot more changes than I'd prefer in a couple of years.

Looking forward to spending more time on the forums now that I have more leisure time. I've really missed my time here ... though I have to go through a stage of rediscovery to find out who is in charge of the site (it looks fantastic by the way ... logged on for a few minutes a month ago and was blown away).

I also hope to discover I still recognize some of the admins/regulators (Pug, Scubababy, Dr. Deco, Rick, Walter, Dee etc ...). Who knows, in time, if the scubaboard gods approve, perhaps I can work my way back to regulator, if they wish the help again. May all your dives be awesome!

Cheers ...

Be sure to register for the Inst forum and get your badge...

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Hmm, when I was last here that forum was in the final stages of getting setup. I did fill out and submit all the required stuff (just for grins ... since as a moderator I didn't need the seperate permission to "access" it).

I'll have to check to see if I still have access, thanks for the welcome back.

DiverBuoy:
Hmm, when I was last here that forum was in the final stages of getting setup. I did fill out and submit all the required stuff (just for grins ... since as a moderator I didn't need the seperate permission to "access" it).

I'll have to check to see if I still have access, thanks for the welcome back.
It's changed a lot since I've joined - improved all the way, I think - so I'm sure you'll notice many differences.

The Inst only forum is a little over two years old. See this thread. Your last post before this week was in Dec 2003, so we did have it then - but you're not listed as an Inst yet, or you would have a badge. But I'm sure that can be revolved easily enough. :)

When I clicked the link to join instructors forum it indicated that I was already a "member" of the instructors group ... however there was a seperate check box (radio button) to "wear" the badge ...if by badge you mean the title of scuba instructor below my Avatar name and the little status flag thingy :) Thanks for pointing this out, seems my 2 years ago registration was still in place, in fact seems even my old private mail and everything is still in tact ... pretty cool considering it was converted/ported from an old forum system and not used one time since!

DiverBuoy:
I also hope to discover I still recognize some of the admins/regulators (Pug, Scubababy, Dr. Deco, Rick, Walter, Dee etc ...).

We're not all still regulators (now called moderators), but we're still here.

Welcome back!! Glad to hear that things are looking up for you!! See ya around!!!

Kayla

I'm not a Mod, I'm a Guide. (We were called Greeters for awhile.) We take care of the new members around here.. welcoming them, helping them learn their way around, that sort of thing. We were created while you were gone, from the looks of it!!

:)
Kayla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom