Howdy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinerd

Contributor
Reaction score
Well first off, Hello! Ever since I was a young lad I have been drawn to sports that are, shall we say off the beaten path. For the past few years I have been a climbing instructor, ski instructor and a member of the local search and rescue team which IMHO is a fair bit for an 18 year old. However, the one thing that I had wanted to do for as long as I can remember is learn to dive. So recently I saved up the $ and got my OW certification. With only ten dives in the log so far I have never been addicted to a sport so quickly. So I decided that I would combine my love of "extreme" sports with my love of film, and *poof* I'm in film school studing documentary film. I have idolized Wes Skiles (www.karstproductions.com) and the like for years now, and I have started taking the steps I need to take to get me into that field.

I have been a lerking silently on SB for a while now and it has already been a fantastic help. Being a student cash is more than slightly hard to come by but I have already started picking up the gear. The first purchase besides mask, fins, snorkle etc was a used Trans Pac II that I am already in love with. Hopefully with some guidence from everyone here and more than a little good luck I will move on to getting some regs soon!

Sorry if this post is slightly jumbled its 2am here and I'm running on 3 hours sleep. (darn exams)

Welcome aboard. Remember not to get sucked into the dive number for the sake of numbers. If you give a little thought to what you plan to learn on a dive, then really gain that experience, your dives will count for a lot more than people who just want to get the dives. Many of the addictions I hear about are quickly lost because they didn't realize how much emphasis they placed on counting. Have fun above all else and as my signature mentions ...

Thanks for the advice, I have been talking to as many people as I can in my area and trying to find new and experienced parteners to soak up as much from them as I can.

Good to see you have you posting. :thumb:

:cowboy: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Welcome to the board. Enjoy yourself. That is most important.

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom