Newbie from Utah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Scuba Jerm,
Welcome to ScubaBoard, oh sure come right out and say you went diving in one of the premier diving locations in the world, without posting a trip report, we want a report...please.
You can post it here http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
David

Trip Report eh?

Well, it was like you said.... premier diving. I was blown away with the vis. But here is a quick review of the trip.

Arrived at Treasure Island Resort early am greeted by a singing staff (good Fijian singers too). Got situated, no diving the first day,

2nd day 1st Dive: we dove a place called Pleasure point, the visibility was about 40+ which I gather is terrible for Fiji, but we did see the ever allusive sea snake (very deadly if ever bitten). We caught it on film but our camera sucked (bought one at the gift shop) I learned my lesson regarding photograpy, always bring a good camera to Fiji.

2nd Dive: Shark Encounter Dive called Super Markets. Pretty scared prior to dive but it was matting season so only 2 white tip reef sharks showed up. Vis was better 50+

2nd day 3rd Dive: Bird Rock; Water was warm like the other days 84degrees F, Dove Bird Rock (Wall Dive). Just beautiful, nice lazy dive, no current.

4th Dive: Rainbow Reef Night dive: The best dive of the trip. Vis was incredible with a UK Light Cannon. Crazy looking fish everywhere. Max Depth 45 for 51 minutes

5th Dive: Plantation Pinnacle. We called this the Aquarium dive, fish everywhere. Loved this dive too. Decended to 76 feet and the water was still 84! This dive it was cool, just circled the pinnacle back up to surface.

Then I got sick and we had to get back to the states, this ended the trip 2 days early for me, but I had fun while there.

I would love to go back again. The dive company Subsurface Fiji had some great dives that I would like to try.

Thanks, sounds like you had fun, sorry to hear you got sick, from what?

Hey Scuba Jerm... Welcome to ScubaBoard and thanks for the cool report...
Sorry you got sick ---not fun.

Happy Diving

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Don't be shy. Post a trip report on that forum...

:bandit_2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom