Greetings from Florida Near Shore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brinypete

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was updating my floridanearshore.com web site search engine and saw a few posts on Scubaboard.com concerning LADS charts for SE Florida. I'm the guy who makes the charts so if anyone has any questions or particular needs, please feel free to contact me.

Florida "Near - Shore" charts are available for Palm Beach & Broward Counties and have been updated to include contour lines. These charts give DGPS positions and blow-up views of named dive sites and we are always interested in comment and/or suggestions for new locations. A one-half mile grid allows interpolation of DGPS positions to other features. Great for obtaining dive site details - I worked with Dr. Ray McAllister on his "Dive locations" books and have included them, with his permission, on my charts.

A new product, GPSU+FNS, allows one to navigate precisely to any feature shown on its charts which are similar in appearance to the "Near-Shore" editions. One can point to any feature and instantly see the DGPS position. If, on board a vessel, and connected to a GPS receiver you can actually navigate to any site. Printing of charts is allowed upon obtaining a (one time) additional license, good for all chart sets, through GPS Utility Ltd at www.gpsu.com.uk

GPSU+FNS has seven editions covering Palm Beach County down to Fowey Rocks in Miami-Dade. (see www.floridanearshore.com for details).

Keep in touch :wink:

Hi Pete! Welcome to the baoard. See you on the Loftus!

Great product, there's nothing like it for finding new dive sites. I use mine all the time, I have the Broward edition.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hope you'll drop in often...

:zorros: don

Back
Top Bottom