New To Diving...Can't Wait!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJcop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, I thought I'd introduce myself to the boards, since you'll probably be seeing alot of me around here.
My name is T.J., 31 years old, and if you can't figure out what I do for a living...try harder! :wink:

Anyways, I finally found a buddy to get into this sport with, and who knew that it would be someone so close...my mother! At 50 something, she's just as excited as I am. My main interest in Scuba comes from my obsession with coral and reef tanks. I currently have a 125gal reef system, and will be upgrading to over 330gals next spring. When you get into reef tanks, they always warn that you will want a bigger tank...well, I don't think I can go any larger than the ocean!

We will be doing our classroom/confined water diving at home the second week of January, and finishing with our open water dives in Jamaica the second week of February.

I think that covers the basics. After Christmas (when we'll be getting gift certs for the dive shop), I plan on buying a majority of my equipment. I know there are several different thoughts on this, but I would feel more comfortable 1) learing on my own equip 2)not having to deal with rental equip 3)and becoming familiar with my equip.

I look forward to chatting with all of you! Best regards!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hey TJ welcome to the board! Sounds like you two are going to have a fantastic time together. If you love reef tanks, you will REALLY LOVE diving. If you could tell us where you are from, we can direct you to a forum on the board where you can hook up with other divers in your area on line and in the water!

Best of luck with your certification and please give us a trip report when you get back from Jamaica!!

John

You drive a bus...?

Anyway, enjoy the forums.

:biggrinba don

Welcome to the Board.. this sport is Great!!!!!!!! Enjoy yur trips...

welcome aboard...just ask and and see what happens, all have some advice to give ...this is a great place to fill in the blanks in your training and equipment questions.....see ya` under

Welcome TJ....Great to have you. I think you may need a vest with that suit:) At least a tie:)....I think it's great you are getting your cert with your mom.

Welcome to the board. I'm guessing you have the same job as I have (see my avatar - it will tell you which agency I work for in my area). It's great you have someone so close to dive with. My wife and I dive, but we usually end up diving with other people. It just works best that way sometimes.

Give me a PM (Private Message) and we can do some shop talk. Please fill out your profile so I know a little more about you. As you can see, I'm from Port St Lucie, Florida. Here is a link to help you get started on the board.

Click here ---->[red]A Beginner's Guide to Scubaboard.com[/red]

Thanks for the great welcomes, everybody! I'm very excited about my new adventure into diving. I'm a regular poster to messge boards, so I'll be sure to fill out my info in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom