Just found this site.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarineVet32935

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Originally, Melbourne, FL. Now in the foothills of
# of dives
I just registered here, while lookinnng for dive sites in southwest Florida. I plan to move to the area soon and was wondering about the diving there.

If anyone would like to know about diving in the Keys, Coz, Palm Beach or beach diving south of Sebastian Inlet, FL, drop me a line. I've made thousands of dives and have an excellent knowledge of the many beach dive sites in south central Florida.

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while your learning your way around! Have fun, and as always, Safe Diving!!

Kayla

MarineVet32935:
I just registered here, while lookinnng for dive sites in southwest Florida. I plan to move to the area soon and was wondering about the diving there.

If anyone would like to know about diving in the Keys, Coz, Palm Beach or beach diving south of Sebastian Inlet, FL, drop me a line. I've made thousands of dives and have an excellent knowledge of the many beach dive sites in south central Florida.

My mother's side of the family lives in Myrtle Beach, SC and Wilmington, NC. I've spent many summers there as a kid, but took on scuba late in life. I've heard amazing stories about the wreck dives off the coast. Are there any diving opportunities along the Little River?

DiverBuoy:
My mother's side of the family lives in Myrtle Beach, SC and Wilmington, NC. I've spent many summers there as a kid, but took on scuba late in life. I've heard amazing stories about the wreck dives off the coast. Are there any diving opportunities along the Little River?

Couldn't tell you. I live about as far from the coast in the state, as you can get, about a 6 hour drive. I moved here about five years ago, to get married to a young lady that lived here and have only done a handful of dives since.

Hi there Wayne and Welcome to Scubaboard!

Yeah, Semper Fi brother.
Will try to PM you, and we can exchange some dive site info....

Good to have you aboard and Happy New Year to you.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to SB!

Semper Fi!

Hey, thanks for all the responses. Good to see so many people on this board and some fellow Marines aboard, too.

Short bio:
Grew up in Melbourne, FL, surfing, canoeing and later sailing and boating the Indian Rriver Lagoon. Started diving in the early 70's in the springs in north central FL as a young teen. Enlisted in the Corps in '77, got to dive the SoPac and then got out in '81 and went to the Reserves in '82. Started beach diving and keeping records off what I found where. I have an extensive list of beach dive sites from Sebastian Inlet to Palm Beach. Married in '85, first kid later that year. Divorced in '89 and moved to the Keys. Lived aboard in Boot Key Harbor, off and on, for two years. Desert Shield/Storm vet, '90/91. Returned to Melbourne, in the spring of '91, to be closer to my daughter, who started diving in '97, at age 12. Remarried in '94, attained DM and divorced again that same year. Returned to the Keys, then Coz, divemastering and driving a cab. Returned to Melbourne in '97 and got custody of my daughter. Retired from the Reserves in '98. Managed a couple successful construction businesses, until '02. Moved to Greenville, SC, in '00, to get married to a gal I met in an AOL chatroom, believe it or not. We're considering a move to SW Florida in the future. She's an only child and her mom is 76, so we're here to take care of her for a while. Second daughter born in '01. Managed a construction business here, too, until I realized that's too cut throat a business for a laid back guy like me, so now I drive a truck all over the US of A. Carry my dive gear with me, because I never know where I might end up.

Fair winds and following seas, y'all............

Welcome to the board... I live just south of where you use to live.

Back
Top Bottom