New to Indy (and diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CVDev

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from another in the Midwest. Although I’ve been OW certified for 1.5 years, a lack of buddies, 3 out-of-state moves, and school have prevented me from purusing diving as much as I would like. Unfortunately I only have a couple post-checkout dives.

Anyway, I just relocated to the Indianapolis area for a job and plan on being here quite a while. Since I am finally settled-in to a single area, I plan on taking a very active interest in diving beginning this spring (don’t have a dry suit or training and my heaviest wet suit is only 5mil). I seriously wish I could have had a more active interest before now, but life simply didn’t permit it.

Finally, I am going to use this space as an advertisement for anyone looking for an additional dive buddy in my area. Feel free to post, drop a PM, or email me. I only ask that you are a serious diver and don’t mind diving with a novice (in my defense, I am not an air-hog; the sensation of being underwater completely relaxes me and I control my breathing very well for being new to the sport).

I look forward to seeing you all on the boards.

-Greg (CVDev)

P.S. I have been trolling around the boards for a long time, just never posted.
P.S.S. Email address for those interested in being dive buddies: ghoofnagle@ieee.org

Hi Greg! I'm so glad that you finally stopped trolling, and decided to jump in!! Welcome!! Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while your getting the hang of things here!

That being said, I hope that you get in some great dives! I'm sure that there are some great dive buddies in your area, and this is definetley the place to find them!!!

Have a good one!
Kayla

Welcome to the board.....

CVDev:
P.S. I have been trolling around the boards for a long time, just never posted.

I'm guessing you know to look in the Great Lake Wreck Crew forum for some dive buddies. If not, just look in the regional travel section under North America. If you have any questions, just send me a PM.

Welcome to the board and put me on the list for a DB. I will email you a couple lists and info for midwest diving.
Also keep an eye on the Midwest Muck Divers forum as well as the Kentucky Piranaha Patrol. Things are slow now but once the waters get warmer things will pick up. We don't take things too serious and like to have a good time.
There is a thread going on now in the GLWC forum with their first meet and greet plans. Don't have a link handy but if you can't find it drop me a PM.

Good to have you resgistered and posting. Good luck...

:bandit_2: don

A warm SB welcome to you both from the chilly, orca infested waters of Puget Sound.

Sea ya!

Thanks for the replies and greets. I want to especially thank crpntr133 for going out of the way to email with some local information.

Orens…yes, I already made my way to the GLWC section (filled out my profile, too).

CVDev

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom