New to Los Angeles, diving and Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neophyte

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This seems like the right place to introduce myself, so here goes...
I was married less than two months ago, and my wife and I were certified (PADI OW) shortly thereafter during our honeymoon in Hawaii. Upon surfacing from our first checkout dive we agreed that what we'd just experienced was right up there amongst the most amazing things we'd done in our lives. We were hooked.
We started our AOW course, but soon learned that due to unforseen medical issues my wife was to be sidelined for awhile. We cancelled most of the dives we'd planned to make together, but I did complete the AOW course and dive twice more in Bora Bora.
We just moved to L.A. (I've spent most of my life in New York, where my wife was going to school when I met her) where I know exactly no one. I'm awfully excited about diving here though, and have been enjoying this site thoroughly for a couple weeks now. I'm planning to dive here for the first time this Sunday with the Sandeaters, who I of course came across here. Other than that though I'm pretty much always on the lookout for people to dive with.
Thanks for reading all of this and I look forward to contributing more actively to this board from which I've already learned so much.
Adam

Congratulations and welcome to the Board. You might also check out the monthly Wrinkles dives that many Board members participate in. Do a search on Wrinkles and you'll find the current dive info (this weekend in La Jolla).

Welcome to the board.

Sorry to hear your wife is sidlined for medical reasons. I hope it is somthing that will resolve itself in about nine months and she can return to diving and not somthing more serious.

Take a look unnder Clubs and Travel you will find the following sub-forums: North America/United States/California Kelp Divers/SoCAL. Once you have worked your way down through all the sub-forums you will be in the SoCal forum. In the SoCal forum you will find local divers discussion well, local diving. It is also here where you will find the subforum for Sandeaters where we have an interactive calendar posted.

This weekend will be challenging for diving, but don't let that get you down. I hope to see you in San Diego at LaJolla for the "Wirnkles" Dive (Named after the beautiful Ana whose forum name is Wrinkles after her dog).

Now as far as not knowing anyone in Los Angeles, well, now you know me. Feel free to call anytime for a dive or what ever.
(562) 421-3094. I am also a sandeater.

Welcoome to the Board.....

Welcome to the board and LA. I'm in Marina Del Rey and semi-retired. Once a hand injury heels, I'm ready to dive. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you a phone number.

BCNU
Bruce

I've got a boat and am not afraid to use it.

If you were on your honeymoon........and you said "what we'd just experienced was right up there amongst the most amazing things we'd done in our lives"..........you were talking about diving right? Hey I just got back from a week of diving in Hawaii and I agree.......on both subjects.

Went on a honeymoon, and the high point was the diving? Okaaaaay. :D I guess that's the part you're discussing here.

Good that you've already found the Southern Calf club forum and made contacts there. Sorry to hear that you wife can't dive for a while, and hope she can be back in it soon. I got sidelined for a couple of months recently for a clogged vein, and my lady dive buddy got sidelined for Leukemia treatment. but we hope she's back in soon. All we can do is our best, huh, but don't let disruptions stop us.

:cowboy2: don

Wow, thanks all for the warm welcome!
It's awfully nice to feel like I'm that much closer to knowing some people around my new home. We both appreciate your concern, but my wife is and will be just fine; she just can't do any diving for awhile.
After seeing the numbers signed up for the Sandeaters dive this Sunday dwindle to next to none, and seeing as I can really only devote one day this weekend to diving I've decided to give the Wrinkles dive a shot, as a few of you suggested. 3-4 dives and air fills w/in walking distance sounds just about right. Speaking of which, I'd better add my name to the calendar (if I still can so close to the event) and get to bed so I can start driving in a few hours. Thanks again,
Adam

Also, yes Don, this DIVING forum didn't seem like the appropriate place to be describing the true highlight(s) of our honeymoon. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom