Hello from Deer Island!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micknewton

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My wife Becky and I will be doing our open water certification dives later this month down in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. We had already planned a vacation in Puerto Vallarta with a couple of our friends, so we decided to get certified while we're there. We did some snorkeling in Belize last year and had a ball, and before we left Belize we decided to get certified and come back and do some diving. We were planning a trip back to Belize for our vacation this year, but our friends wanted us to go to Puerto Vallarta with them. Hopefully, we'll get back to Belize next year (then Cozumel, Caymans, ABCs, Yap, etc., etc...)

Becky and I are both ex-SoCal-surfers, transplanted to Oregon. We grew up surfing various California breaks from San Onofre to Seal Beach, but mostly around the Huntington Beach area. We're both very much into digital photography, so it probably won't be long before we have our cameras in the water with us.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, so "Hi everybody."

Mick

Hey Mick,

Welcome to ScubaBoard! You're going to absolutely love diving - especially because you have someone close you can share it with. You'll find ScubaBoard a great place to meet other divers in your area to dive with when you get back from PV.

Nice to meetcha!! :wavey:

John

Hey Mick,
Welcome to Scubaboard...Wish you and your wife the best on your open water dives. Have a great trip.

You'll certainly enjoy diving if you did snorkeling. There's already plenty of information on the board and many many people to meet and who'll help (including with the finding of info that's already there) :) Welcome to the board.

Mick........ex so cal dude my self. Grew up in San Clemente.....I love San Onofre. To show my years, I lived in Dana Point before the harbor was there. A young buck but good memory. Took up Diving at 52 and I'm totally hooked. We just took the entire family and grandkids to Hawaii and before that to Fiji. You'll love it. We are going to Cayman Brac in August.......everyone is welcome to come!

Happy Diving

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Scuba Brad:
Mick........ex so cal dude my self. Grew up in San Clemente.....I love San Onofre. To show my years, I lived in Dana Point before the harbor was there.
We used to love watching the fireworks at San Clemente pier on the 4th. We've had lots of good times there.

I don't know what year it was that they ruined Dana Point, but it was some time before I started surfing. I just remember hearing what a great point break it used to be, before they 'improved' it.

Scuba Brad:
A young buck but good memory. Took up Diving at 52 and I'm totally hooked. We just took the entire family and grandkids to Hawaii and before that to Fiji. You'll love it. We are going to Cayman Brac in August.......everyone is welcome to come!

I'd love to go to the Caymans, but we're already set to go to Puerto Vallarta with some friends this month (in just a few days, wohoo!), and we're already planning to go back to Belize next year. We stopped in Belize on a cruise last year, and had a ton of fun snorkeling on the reefs there. Actually, that's what finally convinced us to get certified. I hope to make it to the Caymans a couple in the coming years, and there are a lot of other places that I plan to visit some time too. Maybe we'll meet up some where some time. :)

I just like to say "Hi!" to ever new member who comes thru here, so - "Howdy there...!!"

PM me if I can help you find your way here...

:cowboy2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom