New diver in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seamus

Reaction score
Greetings all. I have been a lifelong surfer, swimmer and snorkeler, and an upcoming trip to Kauai with my family (wife, brother and sis-in-law are all certified) lit the fire under me to breathe underwater. I have completed my class and pool, but the rough seas mean no OW dives locally, so I'll have to finish those in the warm waters off Kauai.:D

Once I got past my surfer's instinct to hold my breath underwater, I'm loving this! Can't wait to get some dives under my belt and explore some of the specialties.

Would love to hear from some other SoCal divers re: places to dive, good boats, gear suggestions, etc..

Jim

welcome to ScubaBoard

Check out the SoCal forum for ideas and info.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

We had 15 - 25 foot viz Saturday at La Jolla Shores / Canyon, I would recommend getting you OW dives in locally if at all possible; you've already paid for them, why pay a dive op in Kauai to sign your card?

Check out the Wrinkles dive and Motivation Boat threads; these are SoCal ScubaBoard events that are open to divers of all levels.

I just like to say "Hi!" to ever new member who comes thru here, so - "Howdy there...!!"

PM me if I can help you find your way here...

:cowboy2: don

Hey, Seamus and welcome to SB. Lots of good people and informational resources. This place is even amusing sometimes!

Sea ya!

Grew up in San Clemente and on surfing. Moved to the rockies and then got certificed. One word of advise...........get certificed before you move away from So Cal. I can't beleive I lived there all my life and never dove. Now I'm hooked.

Happy Diving

Welcome to SB. Check out the monthly Wrinkles dives to meet other SoCal SB members.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom