Acronyms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert_Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to ScubaBoard although I have been lurking just beyond the edge of the fire light for a while now. I have noticed a couple of things and have at least one question. A lot of the correspondents are somewhat opinionated but the details of their messages get lost in the excessive use of acronyms.

Is there a list of commonly acronyms somewhere on the board? I tried the FAQ directory but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Yeah, opinions show here a lot, don't they.

Glad you joined us.

:cowboy2: don

El Orans Have a look here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=39645

BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :)

Thank you, sir. By following your link (and related messages), I came up with nine lists of definitions/acronyms. <dazed look>

Let that be a lesson to me. Don't ask if you are easily overwhelmed with data.

A lot of the correspondents are somewhat opinionated but the details of their messages get lost in the excessive use of acronyms.
Heh...

Do not be alarmed.

You will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

(The details supporting the opinions of many of our distinguished correspondents are not merely lost through excessive use of acronyms, they often don't exist to begin with! :D Fortunately, data, citations, and detail are not required to hold strong opinions here...strongly worded pontification clouded in ambiguity and laced with humor and circular logic will suffice nicely :wink: )

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

FWIW. (For what its worth...)

YMMV. (Your mileage may vary!)

I echo all of the above. Welcome to SB and have a great time. Looking forward to your future exploits.

Sea ya!

WTTB!

BTW, FWIW, avoid NMOF! JMHO, YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom