Just got certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John C

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just finished my OW class this weekend and got certified!

I had a little trouble with getting the weight right, and I stirred up the muck at the bottom of the lake a couple of times, but I did well with the underwater compass navigation and mask clearing.

Welcome to the board and to diving. Your experience sounds about normal for most diviers. The important thing is that you recognise it as an area for futher work and that good buoancy will not only keep you off the bottom, but will extend your bottom time as well due to better air consumption. Now the thing to do is dive and dive often. I see that you have compled yoour profile (good) and that you live in ocean challenged Airzona in the Phoenix suburb of Mesa. That is not too bad as you can drive to Los Angeles and get in some fine ocean diving on a weekend. Come on down the ocean is great, kelp forrest and great diving just a short 7-9 hour drive (depending on highway patrol and traffic).

That is awesome! Congratulations and welcome to SB.

Sea ya!

Its pretty exciting to get started and to dive without calling it training. However, you'll find that each time you dive you learn something. Just keep track of your experiences and share them with others.

Good Luck!

Happy Diving

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Welcome to Scuba and Scubaboard. The stirred up muck just makes it more challenging. LOL It will come with practice, I know I am still practicing staying off the bottom too.

Congrats on getting certified...The buoyancy thing is a bit of an art...I drill my students with this quite a bit...They have to log what they use in the pool with no wetsuit, wetsuit and salt water with wetsuit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom