A New Mile (and a half) High Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmurray

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thought I would exit lurk mode and say hello. I finally decided to get certified. Took lessons in the Denver area and had my open water certification dives at Homestead Crater last month. 96 degree water! Anyway, I was hoping to go with a few friends to Cozumel in April, but it looks like I have to have to bow out now. I still would like to do some real diving this year and came across a deal for a long weekend (in July) at Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort in Key Largo. Anyone been there?

My dive store is hosting a weekend dive at Leadville's Turquoise Lake in August. How's the temps? Would a 3mm full be adequate?

One last question... I'm a single diver. Are there any social outings that the local dive community in Denver has during the year? I thought it might be worthwhile to get to meet some of the other divers in the area.

Tim
Evergreen, CO

Welcome to the board!
Can't help you much, good luck.

Joe

Hello Tim! First off, welcome to Scubaboard! Secondly, you can find more local information here on Scubaboard in the Rocky Mountain Oysters Forum Hope you find the information you're looking for. See you around!

I'm going to Coz in April - I'll miss ya. :lol2:

:cowboy2: don

large-smiley-012.gif

smiley-linie-010.gif

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

tmurray:
Evergreen, CO

Welcome to ScubaBoard Tim. I spent my junior high years growing up in Conifer (Go West Jeff), back before they had their own high school and that huge thoroughfare that has become of 285.

Back before I knew the undersea world personally, so can't help with any shops. But I do have some family trying to talk me into hiking my gear to 11,000 ft for a treasure hunting dive in San Juan county.

Chris

Tim

Wecome to the board!! You might want to ask some of these questions on the Rocky Mountain Oysters forum. Go to forums and then North American and you will find it. There are some of us there and you can find out more about events in the area there.

As far as diving in Turquoise lake with a 3mm....It is my opinion, and I have been there, no way. The top 10 feet maybe ok but below that it gets quite chilly after the thermocline. You could survive some short dives but 7mm or Drysuit is your best option there.

T.J.

Back
Top Bottom