New in Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawgma

New
Reaction score
My name is John and my 10 year old son and I became certified in June. We are novices but are looking for more dives. I learned because I had to if my son was to be certified. Once I got into it I loved it. Looking to learn much from these forums.

the all beach state from what I hear.

Welcome to the boards!! If you haven't had time to look around much I'll say that there are several folks here from Arizona.

Hope you enjoy your surface intervals here!!

Welcome to the boards and to diving Dawgma.

Ranz

Ahh Phoenix, spent a week there one night. A great town!

:band: I lived in Phoenix (actually Tempe, and then Scottsdale) before relocating back to Florida. San Carlos Mexico isn't far from Phoenix (a days drive) and is a great spot for diving. There are quite a few diveshops in the area that plan trips down there on a regular basis. Get in touch with one of them and go, you'll be missing out if you don't!! And also, welcome to the site!!

Kymberley

Hi, Dawg. We live in Mesa, and did our qual dives in Saguaro Lake. Puerto Penasco, BC ("Rocky Point") is only about six hours or so away, and I hear the diving's pretty good.

Duncan Kunz

Hey John and son,

Welcome, and as others said go to the local scuba shops, they do have lots of dives planned. I live in Yuma, AZ and if I can find them you will too! LOL! As a matter of fact they have one going next weekend to the Coranado Islands off of San Deigo. Right now is the busy season so it runs around $90 for the boat ride and 2 dives. But the fish will astonish you, There are also hundreds of dolphins to watch during the trip to the Island. Have fun and just do some looking around. I have a contact up in Phoenix that is an instructor, so if you can't find anything email me and I will get you two together, he goes down to Rocky Point several times a year.

Daron
daron.hargadine@yuma.army.mil

and a WARM Welcome

sorry I haven't said hello earlier but I've got to get a better system to carry my gear while chasing those lakes that keep popping up down the road...

And Yes ARIZONA the all beach no ocean state

it is never to hot under the water

And welcome from the warm waters of Asia! Hey look on the bright side.....you can build a different sandcastle everyday!

Dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom