Here comes another new member...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bimbambarbeliboo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm a new and inexperienced diver. I did my OWD in Thailand last summer, went on a couple of amazing dive trips after that, but haven't been underwater since then.
I'm keen to get in some more diving this summer, I'll be in Greece for a couple of weeks (Zakynthos and Koroni) and plan some trips then.
I also plan to do my AOW and dry suit courses here in Sweden this spring.
I don't have any equipment yet, apart from goggles, snorkle and some fins.
Right now I feel an irisistable urge :wink: to buy a Sunnto Stinger, I think they look great as a normal watch too, but as a first piece of equipment to buy it probably doesn't make much sense...?
I wonder, in what order would you more experienced divers suggest I buy my equipment? I can't afford to get it all at one time, so what should be 1st (and 2nd and 3rd) on my shopping list?
Thanks!

Nick

I'm surprised that name wasn't already taken! :D

Welcome to the board and have a great time!

Welcome. Wow, you're sure have some diverse diving plans ... from Greece to Sweden. Sounds wonderful.

I'm new to diving as well. I'm planning my first major equipment purchase this spring. I obviously have mask, snorkel (which I've come to learn almost nobody uses!), fins and boots. I've also been picking up my safety gear since I'm diving in Grand Cayman in April (small light, mirror, sausage, shears). But my first major purchase will be a BC, Regulator and computer. I'll be picking that up in April or May. I've pretty much completed my research and picked my setup, but it's taken alot of research. This board has been invaluable in that.

Glad to have you with us...

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-007.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom