Hello from Amsterdam in the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRs2

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I stumbled upon this site, and found it has so much information that is must be useful and fun.:D

I am a woman from Amsterdam. I love diving, but I also love many other things so I don't dive as much as I would like.

I must admit that I became a bit hooked on diving in the Sudan. After about 120 dives there I still don't get bored with it :wink:

I would also like to see New Guinee, and Indonesia has been on my wishlist for years. And while I'm at it why not the rest of the underwater world too:D

Welcome to the Board. Check out the forum jump, to search messages from divers that can direct you to world wide diving areas. I'm from the central part of the U.S. and the locations we prefer are on this side of the globe. It's a long flight for you, but look into the Dutch islands of Aruba, Bonair or Curacao.
Bonair is one of the truly great diving areas in the world. Warm waters, great coral and fish life. Most dives are from the shore and you can drive along the sea shore to many dive sites. Check out where divers go and compare reviews. The number of dives recorded on this forum will give you the world.

MRs2:
Hi everybody,

I must admit that I became a bit hooked on diving in the Sudan. After about 120 dives there I still don't get bored with it :wink:

Welcome to SB

Just out of curiosity...doesn't the sand affect your equipment when diving in the Sudan...:D
I would have thought the Red Sea would have been a better choice...:sofa:

Howdy from Texas and Weclome to SB!
action-smiley-030.gif

Good to have you join us. PM me from the link below if I can help you find your way.

Browse our forums and check them out. :thumb:

:cowboy:don

smiley-linie-004.gif

Thanks for the welcoming words

PaulChristenson:
Just out of curiosity...doesn't the sand affect your equipment when diving in the Sudan...:D
I would have thought the Red Sea would have been a better choice...:sofa:
Actually, it does, but the good thing is that you can stay out there as long as you like and never get a deco:wink:

I have been walking in the Sinai desert once fully kitted up with my dive gear.
It's good that there were no people around, or I would have felt a complete idiot:embarass:

What can be said in my favour is that I took my fins off :D

My buddy and I were going to investigate and make a map of the coastline and see if it would be a suitable dive site. We would just go until one of us would (nearly) finish the air supply, and go ashore there.

We arranged with a local who would be passing that afternoon in his truck to keep an eye open for us and give us a ride.
Only it took him hours, so there we were, two European women in divegear in the desert...:54:

MRs2:
I have been walking in the Sinai desert once fully kitted up with my dive gear.
It's good that there were no people around, or I would have felt a complete idiot:embarass:

What can be said in my favour is that I took my fins off :D

No fins!!!!....NOT DIR....:D

MRs2:
My buddy and I were going to investigate and make a map of the coastline and see if it would be a suitable dive site. We would just go until one of us would (nearly) finish the air supply, and go ashore there.

We arranged with a local who would be passing that afternoon in his truck to keep an eye open for us and give us a ride.
Only it took him hours, so there we were, two European women in divegear in the desert...:54:

So just how does one dive in a Burcha(SP?):D

Inquiring minds want to know...:D

PaulChristenson:
No fins!!!!....NOT DIR....:D

So just how does one dive in a Burcha(SP?):D

Inquiring minds want to know...:D
If inquiring minds want to know, I'd say the best way is to go and find out:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom