Hi From S. Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmileMon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

My first post.. so excuse me if its the wrong place to post it...

So... Hi Everyone, I'm a 'new' user here, been reading for a few weeks, before I decided to start my certification.

I did my first two introductory dives at the Red Sea, it was an amazing experience but after a few months of trying to set up an appointment I gave up and forgot about it, all of the sudden I remembered it and decided that I wanted to start.

Anyway, someone convinced me to skip my 'bright' idea of NAUI certification and go for SSI, I got their kit and started reading/watching their DVD but I didn't like their approach ("Don't do it and don't ask why" - not through their entire certification, but they leave many holes of curiosity), after finishing their study kit I've decided to cancel my registration and go back to NAUI, ofcurse NAUI had to be 30 miles away but I've been studying for a week now and very happy with my descision, briliant explanations, the DVD is less interesting than SSI but it gives you the hard facts right in the face.

I especially didn't like SSI approach of "Don't go into deco and that's that".. I'm a human being and bound to make mistakes, I would like my knowledge to also contain information on how to solve the problem if I did it by mistake and not get DCS.

So in my opinion, whoever wants to "Just do it" (c) - go to SSI, who ever wants to "Do it and understand why" - go for NAUI - or "Safety through education" as they say it.

I would also like to say thank you to Larry from ScubaToys.com, he in specific gave me a briliant service, the name he got for himself in this website is well deserved, I've ordered a big list of things (for me its big, its my first! :D ).

Again, Thank you Larry, for the help, the time, the calls, and the service.

And in two-three weeks I'll be looking for dive buddies.. so feel free to contact me, I'm in S. Florida are but plan to go diving all over Florida.

D.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-003.jpg

Greetings and Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Oh Yeah! we got another Sunshine State Member< KaChing!!!!

Congrats on your Goal of Certification.You will not be Disappointed
~~~~~~ Diving is just So Amazing and Awesome! ~~~~~~

Safe and Great Diving!

Cheers.

Thanks everybody

I hope there's some nice spots to dive here, after reading this board it seems as if the tourists destroyed everything and I need to get tech certification to see some really nice spots.. :)

Hi!
Lady diver in WPB looking for dive buddies; been here 6 years and have divemastered on a few boats and I'm looking to meet new friends (male and female) for diving and other fun!
DiverBarbie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom