Howdy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbly

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Long-time reader, first-time poster:D . I just got certified in Akumal, Mexico in January and am planning my next big dive-trip. Roatan or Bonaire?

Welcome to ScubaBoard! As a new certified diver you can choose from a lot of resort dive locations. Just tell your dive op your experience level. The choice between Roatan and Bonaire is a close call. I would recomend Bonaire because the diving is usually from shore, while the best diving in Roatan is from boats. Why recommend Bonaire, you can go with a guide, or go with divers you meet at the shop. A rental car opens up half the island with park and dive. The water is warm, current is mild and in most places you can dive shallow depths and see lots of fish and coral.

At the bottom of each page there is a box called "Forum Jump" Look up "Greater Caribbean" forum and you can read what the divers are doing today. Use the search function and you can look up messages from the past.

Welcome Bubbly ... to SB and to diving! I'm also new to diving and have never been to either location, so they both sound great to me. I have heard more people talk about how awesome Bonaire is, so if I had my choice, I probably choose Bonaire.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-019.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom