The diving bug has bitten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hlsooner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello to everyone on the board. I have been a reader for quite a while. I recently registered and am hoping to start making some contributions to this great community. A little about me. I got my OW certification last August, and have since logged about 25 dives. During that time I have also gotten my AOW and Nitrox certs.

I am a mechanical engineer by training, and can answer many questions with regards to pressure vessel design.

My biggest challenge in diving right now is getting my wife into the sport. She is reluctant to dive, and doing her OW dives in the cold waters of Boston Harbor is more than a bit frightening to her.

Don't worry... the bites from this bug only hurt in the pocketbook! The cure is easy... just get wet.

Your wife sounds very smart to me... people actually dive Boston Harbor? When I was in school there in the mid-60's, we dredged the harbor as part of a marine biology class. As I remember, all we got was trash.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-019.gif

Welcome hlsooner! Glad to see you decided to official join us.

Welcome to SB Hlsooner! Good luck with your wife! It might be better for her to take her OWs in a local pond-and when things warm up.

Hi ya and welcome. There is no cure to the dive bug bite. However, temporary relief can be obtained by spending time underwater or buying new dive gear. My wife won't dive either, but she understands I need to dive in order to relieve the itch from the dive bug bite. Good diving

Dr Bill has something there. The bug bite seems to never go away no matter how much money you throw against it to cure the problem. In fact the more you "medicate" it the more you are bitten with it.

Just ask Scuba Larry and I.............we both have Web sites because we love it so much.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom