Whats up.. new here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Whats up... new to this board.. new to diving but always been interested. im 19, live near buffalo new york and have big plans of moving to ft. myers florida this summer and starting out a career in diving. Wanna work for a dive boat when i get down there and eventually shut them outta business with my place.. Any tips would be greatly appreciated as i'm about to start my dive classes in mid april. Thanks

Also forgot to mention that I sell marine electronics on ebay (gulfsidesails) and if anyone on here needs anything electronic related for a boat let me know.. Raymarine, icom, garmin, furuno.. much more

You've gotta dive a lot, an awful lot. Don't be one of those instructors who barely met the minimum requirements.

Dive.

Welcome to the board. Are you going through some sort of instructor factory to be going from non-diver to dm by the summer?

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome! You'll get lots of advice here. Since I'm a new diver, my only advice would be to listen to the advice you'll get from the experienced divers here. It will save you alot of headaches!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Complete your Dive Info & Profile, then put your business in your Sig...

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

well as far as just meeting minimum requirements i dont think thats the path i wanna take.. in order to run a successful operation you must know what you're doing. i'm looking more towards chartered dives and snorkeling excursions.. i find that so fascinating as I already have a passion for boats as well as coral reefs and wrecks.. all so cool... like i said i still havent taken my dive lessons yet and my local shop has a package for $2000 which includes all of the instruction, dives, certification and what not along with all the gear (wetsuit, tank, regulator, bcd, octopus, air computer, tank cover, weights, gloves, hood and knife..) lots of stuff for $2k and i think it may be worth it. if i don't do it now i'll end up just blowing money by renting equipment and paying "retail" for the dive as well as the equipment.. that sound like a decent price?

Back
Top Bottom