Hi from Chile!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EPE

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody!!

I just found this forum and it's COOL. It's great to see how many people enjoy this wonderfool sport in the world and it's even better to see that you can talk to them and share your experiences.

I'm from Chile, Southamerica and we have a wonderfull sea with many excelent and diferent sites to dive. I love to take underwater pictures and I hope to share them with you.

My natural language is spanish, so be kind about my english.

Welcome McEPE! Your english appears to be excellent. Certainly much, much better than my spanish! Glad that you've joined us.

Hey, welcome to the Board! Some day I hope to dive your kelp forests!

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

Your English is fine, much better than my Spanish will ever be. :D

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Hi there McEPE,
Welcome to the board. Now I need you to tell me where to dive in Chile! But I will be there in July, so maybe it will be too cold!!

froop:
Hi there McEPE,
Welcome to the board. Now I need you to tell me where to dive in Chile! But I will be there in July, so maybe it will be too cold!!

Hi froop,

In central area of Chile you have many sites. The most known are: Quintay, Zapallar, Papudo, Los Molles and Pichidangui, all about 200KM from Santiago.

We will be in the middle of winter on July, and the temperature is about 11ºC at that sites. Not too cold for us. But if you want to dive, you can rent suits that work perfect with that temperature.

If you will come here, just let me know when and we can arrange some good dives.

McEPE:
In central area of Chile you have many sites. The most known are: Quintay, Zapallar, Papudo, Los Molles and Pichidangui, all about 200KM from Santiago.
We will be in the middle of winter on July, and the temperature is about 11ºC at that sites. Not too cold for us. But if you want to dive, you can rent suits that work perfect with that temperature.

Very similar climate to here in Melbourne - in winter water is around 11ºC - 12ºC. A 7mm will do just fine for me. I'll check up those places on a map and see if I can fit them into the trip!

If you will come here, just let me know when and we can arrange some good dives.

We're flying into Lima on the 10th of June, hitting the Amazon for a couple days, up to the Inca Trail then across to Bolivia towards the end of June. Then make our way down to Santiago to fly out on the 22nd of July, if possible fitting in a day or two of snow skiing, and a day or two of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom