What a NEWBIE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genreviam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm new to the Board (although I admit I've been lurking now for a while) an also new to diving. Just certified this past summer. It's been a lifelong goal but it took my 15 year old son who saved his cash and said "I'm ready, are you?" to get me off my duff and team up with him to get our certs. Our local dives are limited (Idaho), but I was able to dive in Puget Sound (Washington) and off the East coast (Mass) while on business. Amazing how diving takes over your thoughts and life! My son and I measure our time by how long it is to our next dive! We both are HOOKED!
We are going to So. Cal (Catalina) next month for a week. I have been soaking up everything I can on the So. Cal. section of the board. MANY thanks to everyone for so much info on diving in Catalina. There is even a "sticky" devoted just to diving on the island.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and thank the folks who devote their time to run this board. I'll try to not ask stupid questions until I have searched and tried to find if there are already a dozen answers to the question already posted!

Welcome to the Board! Diving is a great way for you and your son to spend quality time together. Kudos.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Hi genreviam, and welcome to ScubaBoard, great place to find out what you want to know about diving. Don't worry about stupid questions, it can be entertaining for many. :D
David

Welcome to the board.
Don't worry about the "less informed" questions, we all ask them from time to time. Just remember this is the internet, you will get a lot of great answers, some less that great answers and some that are just plain bovine fertilizer.

Thanks everyone.
Direct Diver, my son plans to go to college in Pensacola, so I will be taking you up on that advice!!!

welcome to scuba board

Welcome to SB with any luck, you will ask your stupid question the same time I ask mine! You should get away with it cause I'm supposed to know better! LOL Enjoy the time with your son.........it slips away all too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom