New Orleans RN returns to this underwater city.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paamul

New
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm just another evacuee who has just returned to N.O. after living away for 6 months. It's been tough for awhile now but I'm ready to get back into life and begin scuba diving again after a long absence. Will take a refresher course and hit the water ASAP. Got to live again.

Welcome Back. I will be interested to see what you find underwater. Make sure you keep posting your re-entry..

Welcome to SB! I'm from New Orleans, and spent the Christmas season visiting my family, who had recently moved back into the city. My dad's place was damaged pretty heavily, but it was done being repaired by January.

Whereabouts in the city do/did you live?

Glad to hear you've been able to move back home. What a tough 6 months it must have been. It's hard for me to even imagine. Welcome to SB!

To Reply to Questions: I'm from the Lakeview area of New Orleans and my house took on 7 feet of water for three weeks. Am waiting for FEMA to release new flood maps to see whether renovations can be started...and with the way this organization is run, that could take several lifetimes. I'm an RN so getting a job was not the problem but finding a place to live that didn't cost a pound of flesh and your first born male child was difficult. Now I just have to get back into the water again...miss it. Am trying to find a diving club here. Anyone know of one that is active? Thanks for all the "wecomes"! I think I've found a home...

welcome aboard paamul

my sister lives in La Place, they were not hit very hard there. just needed
a new roof. which the insurance company refused to pay for because it
blames "poor construction" as the cause of loss, and not the hurricane...
eventually they paid, but what a pain

anyway, best of luck finding some buddies

Lakeview, that's tough.. I spent my first 18 years living in New Orleans East, which was equally hard hit. The house I grew up in is basically gone.

Funny that you're a nurse.. my dad is the VP of a nursing agency based in New Orleans.

Wish I knew something about diving in the South, but I don't.... good luck! If you find a group to dive with, I might send you a PM next time I come down!

Gald you back in the saddle again. Let us know if we can assist with your gear.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom