Howdy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nailer99

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, everyone. I'm brand new to diving, and to this site. Just got open water certified two weeks ago, and I'll be taking the advanced class this coming weekend. We're taking a boat out on Hood Canal, and going to be doing one night dive. I really like this sport, and hope to be diving a lot this coming year. I really want to dive some wrecks, eventually. Anybody have a hook-up on dry suits in the Seattle area? I didn't mind the super-thick wet suit too much; in fact, I was plenty warm on my 4 class dives in the sound, but good lord, it took me about 30 minutes to get out of the damn thing! I felt like I'd lost a wrestling match with a Rhinoceros Pelt by the time I got out of it!
Anyway, I look forward to "getting to know" you all!

Welcome to the board and to diving. We now you well enjoy it. You might won't to get a 1mm skin to wear under that heavy wet suit. It well make it a lot easer to get off.

Welcome to SB from another local PNW diver! I encourage you to check out the Pacific Northwest Orca Bait as it will have great info regarding diving in our local area including drysuit info.

Are you going out with Pacific Adventure for your Hood Canal boat dives? If so, Don and Diane Coleman are fantastic dive operators and you will have a wonderful time!

Welcome again!

Welcome to the Board!

Hey good to have you aboard. Welcome to the wonders of diving in one of the best locations in the country. Spend lots of time in West Seattle's Cove2. You will always see something cool there.

For drysuits - give Matt a call at NW Sports Divers in Kenmore. He knows his stuff and will point you in the right direction. You might want to look at Diving Concepts suits or even a DUI TLS350. Make sure you get one that fits you correctly. While you are new to diving it may seem hard to fork over the initial cash for top end gear, but if you do, then you won't be replacing stuff down the road.

Howdy back. I am giggling over here from your "I didn't mind the super-thick wet suit too much; in fact, I was plenty warm on my 4 class dives in the sound, but good lord, it took me about 30 minutes to get out of the damn thing!" comment. You should take a look at this review for the Akona 7mm suit, http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/exposure_protection/the_chill_is_gone/1/. The akona 7mm sounds really good, so does the Bare Velocity 7/6. That is of course if you don't want to spring for the dry suit. The Bare 7/6 is like $189. Not to bad if you ask me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom