Newbie from Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgangi

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'm not exactly a "newbie" to the scubaboard as I have posted a few times. But I never formally introduced myself, so I figured it would at least be polite of me to do so! So, here goes...

I am a relatively new diver from Phoenix, AZ (northeast part of the valley). My wife and I got certified over a year ago and just got back from our first dive trip (aside from our checkout dives). We went to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan Honduras and had a great time.

We completed our advanced open water certification while at AKR, but don't let that fool you -- we're still new to the sport. I still am learning a lot about diving, especially from the posts I read here.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in meeting other divers from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. My wife and I are both younger thirty-somethings with no kids, but I'm interested in meeting people with all sorts of backgrounds. And I'd also like to see if there are any active dive clubs around...

Thx...Doug

continue to enjoy the board and have fun diving and learning... this is a great place to get info.

Rich :mean:

and a WARM Welcome from Sunny Arizona the all beach no Ocean state

Glad to have you here :balloon:

oh wait you are from Arizona

one thing that I have found out about Arizona Divers is that once they go to a real ocean with a beach only a few dozen yards wide instead of one hundreds of miles the local lakes don't offer anything more than an excuse to get wet, and because of the logistics involved in getting a group of divers all wanting to dive together becomes quite expensive, I know of two dive clubs in the valley but both offer trips out of state hence they become expensive, though trips to Rocky point count as a real ocean dive pale in comparison to San Carlos or even the Channel Islands.
I have had a real tough time over the past two months finding anyone wanting to go dive the local lakes on the Salt river system, the last dive I did in July was at Pleasant but after a 179 mile round trip and the end of summer water level dropping won't be in a hurry to return.

Well there is the delima

Glad that you are a diver as it is never to hot under water...

Glad to have ya in the group dgangi!!
:snorkel:

Welcome!!!
Remember... getting wet is getting wet!!!
Just breathing under water is fun, doesn't matter where!

Howdy from Texas. I will be in the Pheonix area in early October, an I would love to meet ya'll. Where can we dive around there?

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. I really enjoy perusing the information posted on the boards. Since I'm so new to this sport, I'm like a sponge -- learning everything as I go.

Are there any other Zonies out there? If so, speak up. I'm very interested in meeting other divers who call this desert home, especially those of you in the Phoenix area. My wife and I know a few other divers in the city, but we'd love to meet some more.

Thx...Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom