Hi from Alexandria, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDImike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everybody from Egypt's North Coast!
I'm an American that's been living, working, and diving here in Egypt for about 10 years now. After diving in the Red Sea for years, I started diving on the north coast of Egypt and found that there is a lot to offer here. Not just Cleopatra's Palace and the Pharos Lighthouse. We also have shipwrecks from Napoleon's fleet, WW2, and more modern wrecks located all along the coast between the Sinai Peninsula and Libya. The only problem is getting permission from the government to dive in most places (Security
issues). Have spent years working through THAT system and finally decided to open up my own dive center here since there is only one other dive center located on the north coast of egypt. Figuired I would take a few years off of my real job working on the US AID project and just go diving!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi"!

Mike

Welcome to the board Mike!

Just want to say "Thanks" for the welcome to the ScubaBoard.

Mike

Welcome Mike, I went to high school in Cairo and spent a lot of time in Alex during the hot summer months. I miss the country have a Stella and some baba ganoush for me
Mark

Hi Everybody from Egypt's North Coast!
I'm an American that's been living, working, and diving here in Egypt for about 10 years now. After diving in the Red Sea for years, I started diving on the north coast of Egypt and found that there is a lot to offer here. Not just Cleopatra's Palace and the Pharos Lighthouse. We also have shipwrecks from Napoleon's fleet, WW2, and more modern wrecks located all along the coast between the Sinai Peninsula and Libya. The only problem is getting permission from the government to dive in most places (Security
issues). Have spent years working through THAT system and finally decided to open up my own dive center here since there is only one other dive center located on the north coast of egypt. Figuired I would take a few years off of my real job working on the US AID project and just go diving!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi"!

Mike
Hi Mike:
So sorry I missed you. I was just there off a cruise for a long day in Dec 07. Loved it. Next stop Israel and Jordan.
Welcome to the board! Lots of good people here...

Very cool! Egypt is one of my dream destinations. I have some friends that moved there about a year ago - but they don't dive. Welcome to the board.

Hi again all,
SaltH2ODiver, had a few Stellas just yesterday after a pretty good dive. Found 2 shipwrecks lying next to each other. Actually almost on top of each other. Going out again tomorrow.

Natasha, sorry I missed you when you were here. If you ever get back to Egypt please look us up.

And lastly, DiverDebs, if your friends are in Alexandria they can look us up as well (and maybe turn them on to diving!)

MDImike

Hi, Mike... my daughter was just looking into diving in Alexandria for next fall ... can you post some info on your dive shop... she'd be looking for a resort-type course. I might turn up myself :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom