What BCD to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garklaw

New
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am upgrading my bcd and was hoping for some advice, I'm looking at Mares or Scubapro. I am an Instructor so dive fair bet, but it also needs to be light wight for travelling. If anyone has a new mares or scubapro bcd, i'd love some feed back.
cheers
Gark

Hmmmm, guess what I think?:D LOL.

Seriously, if you would like to know any specifics, please feel free to ask.

Happy shopping, and I extend a warm welcome to the board!

Sincerely,

P.S. You will probably receive more feedback if you were to post this question in the BCD subforum.

Mods, maybe you'd like to move it?

Best regards,

Hi, I used to have a Mares BCD but wasn't happy. Bought a Seaquest Pro QD about 4/5 years ago. Still pristine and so comfortable. I am an instructor in Sharm so it gets a fair amount of use and abuse and I find it great for teaching. Had minor problems but Seaquest in the UK were great and just issued a new BCD - great customer service. I regret I can't say the same for Mares in the UK. Hope this is useful.

Welcome to the board! I wonder how long it will take this thread to turn into a BCD vs BP/W discussion :popcorn:

Hi, I used to have a Mares BCD but wasn't happy. Bought a Seaquest Pro QD about 4/5 years ago. Still pristine and so comfortable. I am an instructor in Sharm so it gets a fair amount of use and abuse and I find it great for teaching. Had minor problems but Seaquest in the UK were great and just issued a new BCD - great customer service. I regret I can't say the same for Mares in the UK. Hope this is useful.

Hi,

I'm not sure which bcd you had previously, but please note our bcd's have vastly improved. Check out the May edition of Scuba Diving magazine travel bcd review. Our back inflate bcd "Icon" received best remarks.

I am certain our CS levels have improved greatly from 6 years ago as well. I hope will allow us the opportunity to show you this in the future.

Sincerely,

Welcome to the board! I wonder how long it will take this thread to turn into a BCD vs BP/W discussion :popcorn:

Move this to the bcd forum and I'm sure it would take mere seconds. LOL.

I have not used a Mares, but I dive a Scubapro Classic Plus. It is very sturdy, but very heavy. If you fly to dive, the Scubapro will add alot of pounds to your gear. I really love the BC. I had a Seaquest prior to the Scubapro, and it was really a great BC as well.

I have the Mares Pegasus BCD. It's a simple "no frills" back inflation bcd.
The Icon and the Dragon are both very nice bcds. The icon ticks the travel requirements that you have. The Dragon would be my choice if I could do it all over again.

Try help some of out on this forum. Select a few BCDs that you like..... list them here and then we can sit back and compare them for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom