Hey from Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicksryd2

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All!

I'm new to this board and new to SCUBA. Just got certified in Maui in March 2008. I went on a boat dive to Catalina Island yesterday, and was so worn out, I slept 14 hours afterward! I had been apprehensive about the kelp, but found that it was beautiful and there were lots of really cool critters to see.

I'm hoping to glean some awesome tips & tricks from being here on the board, and hope to eventually be able to contribute.

Take care, and dive safe!

Jamie in So Cal

Welcome Jamie. I really hope you have fun diving and spending a little time here on ScubaBoard.

Also visit the SoCal forum, lots of good people there as well!

Hello, I'm sure that you will enjoy diving here in So.Cal. We have an awesome playground right in our own backyard.Let me know if you have any questions about local dive sites.Good diving ! Jamie,too!

Hi Jamie!
I was taking a look at San Diego dives...have you been to the Coronados? I was also thinking of the kelp forests off Point Loma adn La Jolla. Any thoughts on those vs. Catalina?

Thanks for any and all advice you could throw my way :)

Hi Jamie,

I'm a newbie as well and a bit up the coast in Ventura County. I think up here we are fortunate with the Channel Islands just a few miles out. I have yet to dive out there, but I've been told it's one of the best places ever to dive. Jacques Cousteau considered these islands the best temperate climate diving in the world.

Hey Jamie, I have not done any diving in Coronado or La Jolla. Sorry I can't give any info on those sites.I know and do a fair amount of beach diving around Palos Verdes and in Laguna Beach, so I could offer a little input for these areas. Let me know if you ever want to go check any of these dive sites out. See ya! Jamie

Welcome to SoCal diving and :sb: :D

I dive Laguna regularly and I'm looking to dive around LA County more regularly. Let me know if you ever need a buddy

Welcome to the 'board and to your new found love!!!

As you see, there are many reasons to get wet here in So.Cal. so join in the fun and drop on down to your local dive forum.... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/
All you have to say is "I want to dive and learn" and there will be many to share your joy here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom