Sunken treasure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainfizz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Any questions about treasure hunting I will be happy to try and answer. 38 years experience. New member to Scuba Board. Thanks, Carl Fismer

Welcome Captain...

I have a question...where's the treasure?:wink:

what good places are there in Puerto Rico to find a good treasure

Hi Carl and welcome to the board. Question no. 1-in those 38 years what was your most significant find. Question no.2-what is your favorite beverage when you are engaged in your favorite pastime of drinking?

what good places are there in Puerto Rico to find a good treasure
There are some good wrecks around Puerto Rico, but the laws there not in favor of our side. They have even placed some kind of Park Rangers on Mona Island just to keep people off the wrecks there. My advice is to find out what countries, or Islands, are friendly toward us, and which are not. That does not mean you can pillage. It means the friendly places would allow permitted searching, and chances are there will be someone like myself around that you could either dive with, or get advise from. When I am giving a seminar I usually say. Don't go where metal detectors are not allowed. Spend your money in a friendly place. If enough of us did that chances are things would change. On the good news front. There is a State Congressman in Florida from Miami named Zapata. He is proposing a bill to have the State auction off some of the treasure they have taken from the Salvors. Please support this as it will help the Salvors, and wreck diving in general plus it will get the State money that they might not take from us. Don't fall for the Florida Hetitage B.S. The truth is the Spanish Galleons were Ships leaving a port in another country. Their destination was a different port in a different country, and by an act of God (hurricane) sank off a shoreline that would hundreds of years later be called the State of Florida. This has nothing to do with us other than the fact that they had money. There is much more to say, but please contact Tallahassee, and say you are in favor of auctioning some of the treasure. If the State wants to keep a cross section for whatever reason thats OK, but what do they need with 22000 silver coins that are clones of each other. Same rule for the gold coins. I don't have the count on them, but its far too many. Thank you, Capt. Carl Fismer

Hi Carl and welcome to the board. Question no. 1-in those 38 years what was your most significant find. Question no.2-what is your favorite beverage when you are engaged in your favorite pastime of drinking?

Hello Josh, I assume you mean most significant in the water, and not in the saloons. My divers and I have returned thousands of coins and artifacts to public domain that have been lost for hundreds of years. many of them have been taken by officals from Government. Usually the best pieces, but I do remember some things. Just to list a few: thuosands of coins, an Astrolabe (instrument of navigation used before the Sextant) very rare, intact relicqueries hope I spelled that right, but its 5 O'clock in the A.M. Thats a container for a relic that has been handed down by a Saint, or someone that was sacrificed because of religion. Example would be slivers of wood from a cross. The best thing I believe would be gold coins, because they are light weight, valueable, and people, and museums are waiting in line to buy them. People I know that are into coins, and artifacts are proud of the fact they have them, and gladly show them off. Museums are also good places to learn history. I talk to many students about this. Now as for the drinking part, and blieve me I do, but not before a dive, only afterward. When people say "What kind of beer do you like?" my answer is "Cold". I also do my fair share of Rum, and Burbon. If you want brand names that will have to wait as I am trying for an endorsment right now. Best Regards, Capt Carl Fismer

Welcome Captain Fizz, Hope you find your pot of gold mate, Im hoping to start looking for virgin wrecks here in the UK, got any advice for me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom