Which is better? Scubapro Ladyhawk or Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedFishBlueFish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All!

I am a newbie to scubadiving. Just got certified and did 10 dives in Grand Cayman. I am looking to purchase a BCD for myself and am going back and forth between the Ladyhawk and Zena. Any pros or cons that would make it easier to decide between the 2? Any input would be appreciated.:blinking:

I am a dealer for both scubapro and zeagle, and feel that zeagle makes the best bc on the planet no contest. I am not, however overly fond of the zena, the lazer would be a better choice.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and more importantly to the world of diving. I don't know anything about BCDs for women. I would suggest you try a number of different styles and makes on before you buy. A lot of the female members of our club wear the Mares 'Kaila'. It seems a popular choice as a 'vacation warm water BCD' as I see it commonly in the Caribe - and it does look nice.

The Mares Kaila is a excellent women's BCD, I got on for my wife for xmas. And she loves it. It a nice comfortable bcd with all the bells and whistle. It is a jacket style bcd, with the new dragon bladder from the mens dragon bcd. If you are looking for a back inflate, the Mares Aliikai is the women's version of the men's icon bc. My wife said it was as comfortable as the kaila, but she prefer a jacket style for the diving we do. The mares women bc may shear the same design as the men's bd, but the cut and fit of the bc was design for a women.

I would go try out couple of women bcd and see which you perfer.

Thanks for the responses. I plan on only doing warm water diving which means I will need to travel to get to that warm water so any suggestions on a light weight rear inflation BCD? I've only tried jacket style in the water and at times, it was too constricting on my ribcage when inflated.

sounds like you have the straps on to tight on the bc, and the ones you used where they design for women specific. The Mares BC packs down easy. My wife only likes warm water diving, so we travel alot and we fly with the Kaila all the time. But Aliikai is suppose to pack down even smaller because it is back inflate.

I had a Lady Hawk and found it far more comfortable than any jacket BC. Then I tried on and used a BP/W. I sold my Lady Hawk to another SB'er and bought a BP/W. It's lighter than the other BCs, far more adjustable, and it looks sexy :)

But if you don't want to try a BP/W then I would strongly recommend the Lady Hawk over any corset style BC. It is very comfortable and doesn't squish the "girls".

I have a ScubaPro Ladyhawk and really like it. It's very comfortable and made for a woman's physique. It all depends on what you're looking for in a BC and the features that work best for you that should be the deciding factors in what you buy. I wore a Dive Rite before I bought my Ladyhawk and always had trouble dumping out all the air. I hated it. The Ladyhawk deflates very easily. I don't know much about the other brands out there, so I can't say anything about them. Don't be in a rush to buy anything until you're sure what you want. Good luck.

Can't comment on the Ladyhawk, however, my wife has dove the Zena for years and loves it. She's looking at the Zeagle Razor, now (which is a more traditional BC setup -- still back-inflate).

Thanks again for all your responses. It sounds like I have a lot more researching to do!

Back
Top Bottom