aussie new to sb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gilly

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey, my names gilly a 22yo aussie diver, not much experience under my belt a couple of dives at home and a few in thailand. Ive been in the UK for 2 yrs so diving has been a bit difficult due to work commitments and such but i am making my way back home now so all that is going to change as i hope to become a divemaster over a period of time, if anyone knows of a good place to do an internship or anything give us a yell....

cheers

gilly

smilies-2351.png

Sorry this got pushed off of page 1 too fast - happens...

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

Welcome to SB!

Where are you going to be living when your back in Oz?

wwoohooooo - ANOTHER Aussie... i wonder how many of us there are now... i remember when it was just little old me!

keep an eye out in the aussie forums, we have a weekly "how was your diving" thread to show and tell and welcome to :sblogo:

Hi gilly.. welcome aboard. Which city will you be in? It's a bit difficult to recommend an internship without know which side of the country you'll be living :)

im going to be back in brissie, i am thinking of doing my aow with pro dive brisbane, thats who i got certified with and i really enjoyed it and the instructors. i was then thinking of heading up north to cairns - magnetic island to do my internship with someone up there..

Ah, we have a lot in common then gilly. I am also 22 and I'm starting my dive master course tomorrow with Pro Dive Brisbane! I'll keep you informed of how it all goes. It might turn out that I'm doing my internship when you get back and I might be the DM on you AOW course :)

When are you due back here?

Had my first day of dm training today. Did the tired diver tow in 2min 15s, 15min tread with hands out of the water for the last 2mins, and also the rescue revision. I AM SOOOOO TIRED :(

Tomorrow have the 400m swim and the 800m snorkel swim. So far so good. I knew it was going to be tough but I didn't think my legs would be hurting this much. And its only the beginning...

End of May huh gilly. That will be exactly when I am starting my internship! I'm due to go back to Sydney for a week and May and expect I'll be back in Brisbane for the last weekend of May. I'll see if I can arrange to be the dm on your AOW course.

Back
Top Bottom