Dive wedding Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humu-out-of-Water

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for creative ideas for an elopement/fun wedding. We're avid divers; he was my scuba instructor!:this is a second wedding for both of us (first to each other :wink:)We're in land-locked Arizona but are thinking of traveling to nearby states. Kids would need to be included. So far the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay in Vegas is sounding good... Any one have any clever ideas?

Hi there,
Welcome to :sblogo:

Both the Monterey Aquarium and the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach offer weddings in front of their big tanks. Shark Reef would be better if you can get married in the overhead part.

my hubby and i eloped to Hideaway Island, Vanuatu

8am dive, 10am dive, 1pm married in front of the dive shop followed by official pics... check out my profile pic :D

because of family and kids the aquarium sounds like a good idea

goodluck!

Hmmm... Catalina Island is the "island of romance" with activities for the kids as well. Also pretty good diving!

The best dive site for a wedding is on the Oriskany in Pensacola Florida. If you do the dive with Capt Ron of Pensacola Dive company ( he is an ordained minister so he will do the wedding) you will be very happy. Capt Ron is an awesome dive leader and has tons of experience as a former Navy diver. Here is the web address Pensacola Oriskany Scuba Dive Charters Underwater wedding ceremony marriage.

Does it have to be in the states?
If not, go to Cozumel. Its cheap to dive there.. and just work something out..
Call the hotels and see about getting it setup through the hotel.

My wife and I were married across the way in Playa Del Carmen.. Its 100% different from Cozumel. I will never return to PDC.. We will be in Cozumel at the end of June though!
They usually have some rules for getting married in other countries. Ours was that we had to have 5 witnesses over the age of 18 sign, we had to have the wedding party there for the week as you have to be in the country for at least 4 days... stuff like that.. Was easy and quick and we are both blissfully married now!

Good luck on yours!

I worked on the Cayman Aggressor and picked up a guest and the next thing you know we got married on the beach in Fiji. Best decision I ever made!
Royal Davui Resort

I was Mermaid of honor at my friends' underwater wedding at Christ of the Abyss in Key Largo. The reef is shallow enough that non-divers can snorkel.

Also have been to a Pirate wedding on the beach at Bimini. Made the "aisle" out of conch shells, alter out of drift wood, and had palm fronds and a pirate flag as the back drop. Very cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom