Greetings from Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ Al

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello to all. My name is alex. I got certified back in '05 and over the next year only logged 4 dives. In '08 I wanted to do something cool for my B day, the big 40. I decided... Cozumel. My first ocean dive. So after a refresher course, off I went. Overall the trip was great except for 1 bad experience, will elaborate later.

Anyway, now I am hooked and want to go back. I have decided to go further with my education and better myself as a diver. I am looking for activities in the area if anyone could help with that it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have another 2 year surface interval.

Welcome Alex.

Hi Alex!

Up there in Apache Junction, you're closer to the Phoenix metro than Tucson, but overall not a bad distance to participate in dive trips from shops down here. The Dive Shop runs regular trips to San Carlos, Mexico and Himalaya Bay, Mexico (just a bit north of San Carlos). The San Carlos trips are hotel based, while Himalaya Bay are camping.

Desert Divers also runs regular excursions, and actually has a shop down in San Carlos.

Both shops also run excursions to more exotic locations, if you're interested in traveling beyond a weekend trip south of the border.

I know we have some members here that are based there in the Phoenix metro, and hopefully they'll chime in with information about the shops and excursions leaving from there.

Alex, welcome to the boards- my wife and I are up at the lake quite often, as are several other local divers. You can reach us through this site, our own if you want to meet up at the lake or have a class in mind. Hope to see you in the water soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom