Cozumel Blue XT Sea dive operation review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have read alot about dive w/ martin,alison, and deep blue, however I noticed everybody has wonderful reviews about this Blue Xt sea, yet they are much more expensive than all the others, are they really worth the additional money????
get back to me asap....

Well, Christi is the only dive op I've used in Coz and price was one of our considerations. While diving off of her boats I took notice of many dive ops. Some were diving off recreational fishing boats with zero sun cover. Some had many, many people aboard (I was never on a boat with more than 5 other people). On the day I dove the devil's throat, there were people making an emergency out-of-air ascent to the surface on our way down. Pedro (our DM from bluext) confided that the only reason he took us there is that he checked us out for it on previous dives without us knowing it.

Pedro was a pretty rocking DM. He would do a multi-level dive for 55-85 minutes with us without us really noticing the depth transitions so much. And yes, Pedro let us stay down 85 minutes. He notices your SAC rates on the first few dives and adjusts his level changes accordingly. Hopefully he is still there.

Christi was almost aways in the office during posted hours to help you find more dives if need be, take care of issues, or even recommend you somewhere to eat.

My dive partner and I try to dive 3 times a day. Christi often was able to get us third dives either in the afternoon or night on most days. And this was during the low season.

Expensive? Maybe compared to some of the speed boat ops. The difference in what you pay versus some of those ghetto ops from what is well worth the money. (which wasn't a big money differential by any means)

From what I've heard, there are plenty of great dive ops to pick over the ghetto ones. Where you plan to stay on Coz is a primary driver for which one you should pick.

0214.gif
Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!

For a valet dive Op, her prices are not unreasonable. I use a cheaper, more basic Op myself, but it all depends on what you want in an Op. You haven't filled out your profile so I don't know anything about your experience level - so I hope you find your answers from your research here.

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom1.gif

[/c]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom