Greetings from the shores of Kansas....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kyzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody- Another intro from a new member. I am new to diving, my brother who is certified, had pestered me for the last five years to get certified. I kept kinda putting him off about it cuz I had always been kinda leary of big bodies of water and the thought of drowining...etc. but the moment I took that first breathe underwater and seeing a whole new world that lies below that so many other people don't get to see.... WOW! what a rush!! I forgot about my fear and now I can't think of anything else, but diving. I just wish he would have told me about it sooner!:D
I am from kansas so all of my diving is either lakes or quarries. I can't wait to try the ocean and experience diving reefs, and such. THere is a whole new world out there for me and I can't wait to see it! I do hope to make friends and find some diving buddies here, that way when I do make it to some tropical paradise, I can dive with friends!

See you underwater-
Kyzzle

Yes the ocean is nice,so is the Florida springs.Welcome to the wet bunch.

kansas? what part of kansas, i have some kinfolk in wichita and surrounding. anything in that area to dive, maybe i need to go visit them, lol.

:admingreet:

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!

Welcome fellow wheat diver! What part of Kansas are you from? If your close to Wichita I can intro you to a good group of divers that like to go and have fun.

Hey thanks for the greetings, everybody!
I am located in Pittsburg Kansas. Home of the Pitt State Gorillas.... and I am about 3 hours east of Wichita.

Diverdwn- Making a weekend trip and diving with you guys sounds like that would be fun... I like fun! The wheat fields have really poor visibility this time of year on this side of Kansas.... I hope you are having more luck there! I still have a hard time clearing my mask of the chaffe..... any suggestions? :)

Asymmetries and Deepexplorer- I am right on the kansas, missouri, oklahoma, arkansas border.... not sure how close Norman is to me, or what part of Arkansas Deepexplorer is from... but maybe another weekend trip might be in order.... :)

Most of time we make trips over to Oronogo, or Beaver lakes, and once a month the shop tries to do a trip over to Bonne Terre mine.

Wichita has two really good dive shops that try to do trips every month to the lakes over in Mo and Ark, so anytime anytime you want to get out of the wheat fields give one of the shops a call and find out when they will be going over your way.

I have used both shops and know the instructors really well. In fact I just got my DM rating and work with one of the shops now.

If you need anything just send me a message and I'll try to help you out. Once again welcome to the board.

Back
Top Bottom