New, and Nervous!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnyaPetrova

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All! I'm new to both the boards and scuba diving! So new...that I haven't even been in the water with equipment on yet! LOL. Tomorrow is my first lesson through Padi, and I absolutely can't wait! But...I'm also a little nervous, and would LOVE any advice! There's just so much to learn, and I want to do it right / safely!

:fish::bfish:

Just chill, you will do fine. Follow directions and the rules of divng and enjoy yourself.

:biggrin3:
banana.gif
Welcome to
wavey.gif

:colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies::sblogo:
No Worries ... everything will be good & you'll be fine, everyone worries before they start and once you see how easy it is you'll love it! Good luck.

Once you get in the water, you will be having some much fun you will forget you are learning. Just listen to what the instructor has to say and if you dont get something....ask them to explain it until you do. You will do well!!

Congrats! You will have a great time. It sounds like you are off to a great start by wanting to be safe.

Nothing wrong with being a little nervous. Of course it will probably melt away as you become comfortable in the gear and in the water.

All classes tend to be a little stressful.Just pay attention to the instructions,think before you react,and breathe in and out slowly and completely.Dont skip breathe.When your heart is pounding that can be challenging.With practice you will start relaxing and enjoying yourself.10 year old kids get certified so you should do fine.Remember your training skills you have learned,and continue to advanced diver and maybe cavern or rescue.The more you know,and go,the better you will be.Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom