NEwb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,
New to the fourms. I have had an interest in diving for many years but I have never persued it mainly because I have not had anyone else in my life that had an interest in it, but that all seems to be changing... Many people I know have recently been PADI certified and are enjoying themselves. My sister currently approached me about getting a cert. Her husband is certified and due to the nature of his work, they get to go to many exotic places that are good for diving, for example they recently returned from greece. I am in the Houston area if anyone is local or knows of any good dive shops or clubs that can help me get a cert. and the best possible experiences from diving...

Id start paying the dive shops in your area a visit.Youll know the one that is the most friendly and helpful.They can get you certified,set you up with gear[try to get other opinions on selection first]and they all run dive trips where you can meet and hook up with others later.

Id start paying the dive shops in your area a visit.Youll know the one that is the most friendly and helpful.They can get you certified,set you up with gear[try to get other opinions on selection first]and they all run dive trips where you can meet and hook up with others later.

There are about 3 dive shops within about 5 miles of me... All seem really nice and helpful.. It's going to be a hard decision. A friend of mine recommended a place that is about 20 miles from me, I have not had time to check it out.. They let him use their pool to get used to breathing underwater and try it out before he and his wife fully comitted to it.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Now you now the locations ... just go in a sign up!

Back
Top Bottom