New Deaf Diver here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RaixenViper

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Scuba-fans!

I recently got certificated to dive! So Imma here to learn from other experienced divers and hear their stories and whatnot! Also, I am deaf myself so underwater is pretty much the same world I live in on land.

Funny story how I came to love the underwater world- As I was trying to reach the rope that was tied on the boat to the dock, I fell into the water with no life jacket on. I was only 6 years old at that time and I have no idea how to swim at all. As I was splashing around, my family was having a pinic on the dock. As I submerged for few seconds, it was the longest amazing moment in my life. I saw something I never witnessed- the world under the surface of water. I saw beautiful sunrays beaming down to the floor of the lake. Fishes at the length of 1 to 2 feet long were swimming few inches from the floor. Then I surfaced again and saw my mom making a long jump from the dock and dove perfectly (I'd give her a 10 for that!). I submerged again and got another chance to see the world one more time before I got rescued. After that I don't remember what happened. But I remember telling mom I want to do that again. I did not fully understand the meaning and the consequences of drowning. After that, underwater world is where I live as much as I live on land.

See you all around on the forums and such!

-M.E.

Welcome to the board

:admingreet:

bet that was pretty scary for a 6 year old... glad it didn't deter you from the water.

Welcome. That is some story you have. Glad you still love the water.

Welcome! Glad to have you . That was a poetic reaction. Wow. My daughter was a submariner. Toddle over the edge and only able to tread enough to keep her eyes up. Waited patiently every time for mom or dad to help her up. Still can't keep her dry. You are going to love this world.

Ironic, I too have a similar story where I grew up terrified of the water...Welcome & Congrats from sunny FLA!

Welcome to the 'board!!!!!

Now that your'e diving, feel free to drop on down to your new local dive forum and join in the fun.... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/
Hope to see you in the water some day soon!

A hearty "WELCOME !!!!" to ScubaBoard.
We hope you find a happy home here.

May I take the opportunity to introduce you to ScubaJW and Yukoneer?

I think y'all may have something in common.

And, once again, WELCOME to ScubaBoard.

The Kraken

Back
Top Bottom