Greetings from Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mulepadre

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello people!

I just made my first dive yesterday out at the reef as part of my PADI Open Water Certification.
I am really excited to have my new job which brings me so close to some very beautiful coral here in Belize City/San Pedro, Belize.

It was one of my biggest rushes to do this! It did take me a bit to relax my breathing as the instructor was repeatedly signing me to do so, but I just kind of pretended I was a fish and at home and everything kind of fell into place. If the imagination can cause one to be upset then why not use it to make one relax?
You've all been there... Its like you are wondering if something was up with your regulator because you just can not seem to get enough air, right? And how good is rental equipment compared to your own stuff when you talk about regulating air? No diff?

I am going to post a technical question on another part of the forum in a minute which really concerns me as I read about it in the course, but here it is.

My job enables me to fly for a very cheap rate between the mainland and San Pedro, Ambergris Caye on the days I am diving. The planes only go to 1500 ft and the flight is not more than 15 minutes. Is there any chance I could get DCS in a serious way or should I be okay?
And where can I read some studies on the relationship between Risidual Nitrogen and altitude?

Hope to get to know some of you,

Mulepadre

My job enables me to fly for a very cheap rate between the mainland and San Pedro, Ambergris Caye on the days I am diving. The planes only go to 1500 ft and the flight is not more than 15 minutes. Is there any chance I could get DCS in a serious way or should I be okay?
And where can I read some studies on the relationship between Risidual Nitrogen and altitude?

Hope to get to know some of you,

Mulepadre

Welcome to the board!
:admingreet:

Do you know what the pressure of the inside of the plane would be? I think commercial airlines are pressurized to around 8000'. The flight you would be on may not be pressurized to that altitude but you would want to know for sure. Check out DAN for more info about flying after diving.

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

It would depend on your NDL and how close you are. Call DAN the numbers are below. But even at 1500 ft agl thats low but I'm not qualified to say anything here, because I really don't know. So I'd have to tell you no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom