New to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMarsland

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all, my name is Tom and my wife is Jennifer. I'm in the Navy and we just got stationed on O'ahu, Hawai'i for the next 3-5 years and decided to get certified to dive. We start our classes on Monday for a week and then we will be OWD certified. We are extremely excited, and can't wait to begin!

Just saying aloha!

Tom & Jen

Hey all, my name is Tom and my wife is Jennifer. I'm in the Navy and we just got stationed on O'ahu, Hawai'i for the next 3-5 years and decided to get certified to dive. We start our classes on Monday for a week and then we will be OWD certified. We are extremely excited, and can't wait to begin!

Just saying aloha!

Tom & Jen

Hello Tom & Jen, welcome. I'm new myself and just joined this forum for the first time today. You'll find that people are super nice here.

Have fun

Sean

Welcome.. Im jealous as I would like to be in Hawaii for the next 3-5 years too but Oh well.. I'm stuck in NY for now...Best of luck with your cert.

Thanks to all for the kind hellos. After we finish OW we plan on doing advanced, then a few specialties at least, depending of course on how much we like it. So far it looks like it's going to be great.

One question though. I currently have extremely poor eyesight and wear contacts. Any tips to manage this slight issue?

Thanks.

Hi Tom & Jen,
First, welcome to SB and welcome to Diving! Second, thank you for the work you do for our country!
Depending on your contacts, you may be able to wear them while diving. Your best bet however is to get your prescription put into your mask. There are many ways of doing this. Check with your LDS and see what they can offer.
Take care and safe diving.
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Hey, congrats! I was there a few times ... there are alot of places to go from the beach to, just ask your LDS and remember what time to dive them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom