Greetings To All!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MindMagick

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings,

As per the request of the ScubaBoard Staff I am posting my initial "Greetings To All" introductory post.

Being avid snow skiers from Pittsburgh, Pa. (50 + days per year) my spouse & I were forced to stow away all of our ski gear at the end of April when the ski resorts closed. We recognized that there would be few "adrenilin rushes" of Black Diamonds for seven or so months and definitely needed something challenging, healthy, and exciting to fill the summer months.

Long time friends of ours that were Scuba Instructors from long ago called one day and stated "Were going Scuba Diving in Nassau in June. Want to come?"

There is a Scuba Diving facility 2 miles from our home so I hung up the phone & immediately drove to SPASH WATER SPORTS, INC. and walked in. I had no idea that both my wife and myself were about to commence on a a fantastic journey of FUN, meeting wonderful people who have become excellent friends, excitement, and a ton of physical & mental work. Recognizing that we are both in our 50's there was a degree of apprehension & doubt.

Well we signed up for the Open Water Program, worked hard, & passed with the excellent instruction abilities of Splash Water Sports staff! We flew to the Bahammas & did six ocean dives including walls, shipwrecks, airplanes, & aquatic life galore ! New friends, new self accomplishments, new travel experiences, new "rushes", new underwater worlds! WOW! Should have done this 30 years ago when more of the body parts worked better!

I figured that I would have to wait till next summer to dive some more & get some more experience but no - since my spouse has been pleasantly "unleashed" with extreme vigor into this diving "stuff" we are off to North Carolina for some diving in August & more of the same in the islands in September. Oh yea - Our old time diving friends have already invited us to go to the Caymens next June for a week of diving.

ONE OTHER THING - My spouse is signing us both up for the ADVANCED OPEN WATER PADI COURSE at 6:00 PM later today! And I thought skiing was equipment intensive!!!

Have a great day to all & we hope to learn a lot from ScubaBoard!!! Thank you all in advance!

Sincerely,

MindMagick - Pittsburgh, Pa.

Welcome MindMagick!

You guys sure did jump in with both feet! haha Pun intended.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Hope you will find that you love diving (sounds like your wife does already). :admingreet:

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Greetings Ann Marie,
Thanks for the response! Both my wife & I are now 80 percent done with the Advanced Open Water course! Have a great day!

Greetings Bob,
Thanks for the response! I see the DAN tag line on your post! Both the wife & I have our DAN cards and purchased the insurance! We are also 80 percent done with the AOW course. Have a great day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom