I Like Diving!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerlane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone!
I just discovered this sight and feel like I'm home! I can tell I will be spending a lot of time here.

Here's some info on me:
I was certified while in Hawaii in 2004. I have been diving in Mexico (Playa Del Carmen), Belize (Ambergris Caye), and Roatan just this spring. Our trip to Roatan was pretty eye opening. I was starting to get into diving before that, but this was the first trip that we really dove a lot. Eight dives for me in one trip is a lot. The reef was so healthy and the diving so great and convenient that we just kept going. And oh-yeah it was cheap, too.

So, I now have about 20 dives under my belt. We live in Minnesota, so I doubt I will be doing any local diving any time soon, but I am hoping to do at least one trip a year. I am also thinking about buying my own gear. I have had a mask/fins/snorkel for a few years, but after Roatan, I am ready to take the plunge and get the rest. Before I ask any specifics on gear, I am going to do a little homework here to avoid the many redundant questions that I am sure come up.

You'll be hearing more from me! :D

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Very cool and wise to do your homework on equipment before you ask questions.

I know you have dove some great places and Rotan will spoil you. Honduras has been know for years for beautiful sites for reefs and animals. A long time ago it was known as 2 different parts. Spanish Honduras and British Honduras which took in Belize. Never knew that until one night talking to dive guides on Pasada Del Sol which is no longer in operation.

But I hope one day when you get more into getting "Wet" you'll seriously think about diving the Great Lakes. I love history and it has a lot. From the Coast Guard over the years, and my favorite part the shipwrecks. There are wrecks that any place else that wouldn't be there. They have wooden wrecks that went down years ago, some over a 100 years. The wood never rotted away due to the water tempeture won't support parasites that attack wood. It's very cool to stand on a deck of a wooden steamer that went down back in the 1800's you'll never be able to see anywhere else. Once your there you'll know why it was worth it!

Dont rule out diving at home, plenty of us dive in the coldwater. You will find many like minded folks aorund here, and this is a great resource. Welcome aboard.

jerlane, welcome here, it's good to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom