Greets from Richmond, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey gang!

One more diver in the water!

I did the OW course with IDC (can't say enough good things about Landon and the gang there) a couple weeks ago and I've been lurking around SB ever since doing gear research.

There is nothing in this world that pains me more than tossing away money on rentals so I've been shopping for a "SCUBA starter kit." I've finally managed to get myself all set up with some ghetto-style used gear - it isn't new and pretty but it seems safe and the individual components were well reviewed (back in their day).

Assuming my 3 ghettotanks pass hydro/vis I'm hoping to get wet (well, I'm not actually hoping to get wet but my ghetto-drysuit may have other plans for me).

Anyway, that's my story... I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully I'll meet some of you out in the water or perhaps arrange a dive sometime.

Cheers!
Scott

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Did you have your reg serviced?

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

Bob, no I haven't had them serviced yet... I'm waiting to see if the tanks pass then try them out dry before taking them anywhere. I was told that they were serviced before going into storage 6 years ago so I'm not really sure if they need servicing again right away. I'll see how they behave then decide.

Jason, thanks for the heads-up... I may just take you up on that offer sometime!

6 years ago - yikes!! Yes they need servicing! Gear should be serviced annually to be safe, but especially after being stored for 6 years. Please be safe and get all the gear checked before you use it.

By the way - welcome from another BC diver. Enjoy (after everything is checked)

Back
Top Bottom