New Gal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gracie330

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi i am new to this site!!

I love diving and have just completed my open water! :)

I want to go diving on holiday in florida, but i dont know anywhere to go!!
I am going to orlando but i would love to go to the coast and do a dive, however i have no gear and i dont have a buddy!!

Help!! Anyone who has any info/advice for me, please reply!!

Thankyou :)

Hi, Gracie... welcome to ScubaBoard. Hope you enjoy your new activity and your time on the board. Ha! Once again I've beaten Dandy Don to the punch in greeting a new member. If he stays in Cozumel long enough, I may catch up on his 16,000 post lead!

welcome aboard

Hello and welcome. Nice to meet you. You can find lots of info about Florida diving in the Florida Conch Divers section. You can head to either coast from Orlando and rent gear I'm sure. Just post when you are coming and you might find some buddies! If you head to the West Palm Beach area, let me know. I'm closest to there and it's great diving, but it's a drive from Orlando... you might be better off to head towards Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater (West coast!).

Congrats and welcome!

Florida has a lot of great places to dive. There are plenty of springs and ocean dives all over the state so knowing where you will be might be a good starting point. As mentioned previously, Florida Conch Divers has a section. I have used Ned Deloach's book called "Diving Guide to Underwater Florida" for many years to find sites, followed up with some local input for which these forums are great!

If you know where you'll be when you come down, ask the other members for their favorite spots!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom