Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelsonrl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone - Just found this site and already getting good use of it with some of your recommendations for dive shops in Hawaii. My wife and I are new to diving. We went to a dive shop for prescriptions lenses for or snorkel masks. Next thing I knew we were signed up for dive certification classes. We have just finished the confined portion of and test and are headed to our first open water dive this weekend.

Looking forward to this great new hobby where I can cool off a bit. My second therapy method involves motorcycles so this one will be a little cooler in the Texas heat.

I look forward to many years of this - I am hooked even though I have not left the pool!

Hi nelsonrl ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Hey when it's summer I ride my Scoot everyday!

welcome aboard

Hi Nelsonrl,
Congratulations to you and your wife on getting certified :banana::banana: and welcome to :sbcom:
There are a lot of great people here. Hopefully you will be taking your Advanced Open Water classes soon. They are a follow on to your Open Water class, and they build on the skills you have already learned, as well as giving you more skills and experiences.
Keep in touch, and enjoy. It's an awesome sport!
Safe diving,
George

I do plan to take some of the advance courses. Underwater photography appeals to me. Want to get a couple of dives under my belt - which we will do on a vacation we had already planned in a couple of weeks.

Rick

Warning: there are two highly addictive hobbies - 1 is scuba diving and 2 is photography. Combining the two of them can lead to lifelong addictions above AND below sea level. They also tend to be expensive. That being said, you may never be rich, but you will never require therapy either! :D Plus they will NEVER get the smiles off of your faces!
Safe Diving, and welcome to the best addictions life has to offer!
George

OK, both me and my wife are officially hooked. Had the chance to take 5 dives while in Hawaii. We dove Ulua Beach (shore dive), Front and back of Molokini, Red Sands Beach and 5 Caves. This is an amazing sport. Sharks, Octopus, eels, turtles and more fish than I could ever name.

We had a great boat and dive master - they dive in very small groups and were great at pointing out things we would have missed. They understood we were new to this and treated us accordingly. If anyone is interested, we dove with prodiver in Maui.

It was also great to meet some new people. My wife and I walked into a dive shop to talk about short dives. A local diver was in the shop and immediately said "hey, I am headed to the beach, rent your tanks and I will show you around". Gave us a chance to get wet with a local who knew the area.

I know Hawaii is not the best dive spot in the world, but this vacation was planned before we took our dive classes so took advantage of being on the ocean. Can't wait to get back to a good dive spot.

Back
Top Bottom