Looking for divers in the northwest Georgia area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZOOMBADA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for any divers in the Northwest Ga. area who would like to do some lake dives. I am an experienced diver and am in need of a dive buddy. The friend I have done most of my lake diving with has moved to Texas and I have not been able to do as much lake diving this summer. I know that lake diving is not as exciting as the caribbean but it does help keep you on your game. I would like to dive Carters lake in Oakman, Ga. I have dove there several times, and most of the time had good viz. Sometimes, the viz can be as good as 15 feet ( not bad for lake dives). The water temp in the summer is quite good ( around 85 surface, 70-75 80ft. under). I have a boat and don't mind footing the gas bill. If your not familiar with carters lake, look it up on the web, it is the deepest lake in Ga. with no shore development. It is fed by a small river and several trout streams. The area is stunningly beautifull. You will often have deer watching from the shore as you get ready to dive.

thanks for any responses,
zoombada

welcome aboard

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

Zoom,
I have fished the lake several times and have to agree that the views are great. I will dive it when ever you want. I am experianced (not pro or anything)..but as long as we are staying in the 90 foot range, count me in. That lake is very deep and I want no part of doing 100 plus feet dives. No need to foot the gas bill (your boat my gas) or vis versa. Just post up when you wanna go or PM me.

-Rob

Zoom,
I have fished the lake several times and have to agree that the views are great. I will dive it when ever you want. I am experianced (not pro or anything)..but as long as we are staying in the 90 foot range, count me in. That lake is very deep and I want no part of doing 100 plus feet dives. No need to foot the gas bill (your boat my gas) or vis versa. Just post up when you wanna go or PM me.

-Rob
I'll go along with this also. I've wondered what Carters was like. I have been to Dive Haven in Cartersville, dive the quarries between Chattanooga and Knoxville regularly, and occasionally the Tn. river in downtown Chatt.
PM me sometime when you want to go diving. There are quite a few of us divers in the Chattanooga area.:)

I would love to go any time you guys are ready. Sorry, for the late reply. I just got notified that someone had responded to my post. We may want to set this trip up for warmer weather. Now, would be a great time to start planning for late spring or early summer. But if you guys want to do some cold water diving, thats fine with me.

Irish,

by the way, that tn river diving is some pretty rough stuff. What kind of viz do you get? The only place up there that i have seen decent viz is on soddy lake, but it's not too deep, mostly about 15'-30'. I would estimate viz at soddy to be about 5' on a good day. Soddy is a little better than the river because soddy creek is so clear.

Have you ever dove Lake Jocassee or the Hothole at Keowee (which is great if you\\\'re into diving during the cold weather, the water temp stays around a constant 78 degrees!) Come and check them out sometime!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom